Trophy success at the International Wine Challenge
The International Wine Challenge (IWC) has named its 2019 Trophy winners and we're delighted that 11 of our wines have scooped 15 trophies between them. A further 13 wines from our portfolio have been awarded Gold medals.
Champagnes and fortified wines dominate our trophy line-up, plus a notable mention for the Papa Figos Tinto from Casa Ferreirinha, which scooped the Portuguese Red Trophy – an excellent achievement for this wine from the pioneering estate in the Douro.
Entries to the IWC are tasted blind by at least 12 judges - all working within the wine trade - throughout the process, and awarded based on faithfulness to style, region and vintage.
Please see below our trophy and gold medal winning wines that are currently available and in stock. For more information on the International Wine Challenge, please visit the competition website.
- Casa Ferreirinha Papa Figos Red 2017 - Portuguese Red Trophy
- Tolpuddle Vineyard Chardonnay 2017 - Tasmania Trophy; Australian Chardonnay Trophy; Australian White Trophy
- Jean-Claude Boisset Clos de la Roche 2017 - Clos de la Roche Trophy
- Charles Heidsieck Blanc de Blancs NV - Non Vintage Blanc de Blancs Champagne Trophy
- Piper-Heidsieck Essentiel Cuvée Réservée NV - Non Vintage Classic Blend Champagne Trophy
- Rare Champagne Millesime 2006 - Vintage Classic Blend Champagne Trophy; Champagne Trophy
- Rare Champagne Rose Millesime 2008 - Rose Champagne Trophy
- Tenuta di Capezzana Vin Santo Riserva 2011 - Italian Sweet Trophy
- Justino's Madeira Terrantez 1978 - Madeira Trophy
- Valdespino Solera 1842 Rich Oloroso VOS 20 Y.O. NV - Medium Sherry Trophy
- Valdespino Oloroso Don Gonzalo VOS 20 Y.O. NV - Sherry Trophy; Oloroso Trophy
Gold Medal Winners
- Piper-Heidsieck Essentiel Blanc de Blancs NV
- Charles Heidsieck Brut Millésimé 2006
- Charles Heidsieck Brut Réserve NV
- Charles Heidsieck Rosé Réserve NV
- Devaux Ultra D Extra Brut NV
- Akarua Pinot Noir 2017 (new vintage, available on request)
- Cantina Valpantena Torre del Falasco Amarone della Valpolicella 2013
- Massolino Barolo Parussi 2015
- Trinity Hill Gimblett Gravels Chardonnay 2016
- Trinity Hill Gimblett Gravels Syrah 2016
- Valdespino Fino Inocente NV
- Nyetimber Blanc de Blancs 2010
- Nyetimber Classic Cuvee Multi-Vintage NV